what/why/how/when gohsting ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what/why/how/when gohsting ?

Post by Guest on Fri 22 May 2009 - 18:39

News : what/why/how/when gohsting ?

Hello,

I am doing this small tutorial to help you to improve your way of fighting.

What is a gohst
fleet ?

A gohst
fleet is a fleet that land and colonise a planet that someone else has just took. Let's see these examples :

As you can see it there, Mistkaefer take the planet #7 there.

Planets at id=73 Matar (-12/12)
IDPopulationStarbaseOwner
11311[UFsR] pek78
21312[UFsR] pek78
31311[UFsR] pek78
41211[UFsR] pek78
51210[UFsR] pek78
61110[UFsR] pek78
730[OFF]Mistkaefer
880[UFsR] pek78
950[UFsR] Jarel
1060TheWeaver
1140[OFF] gandogar22
1270[OFF] gandogar22

But few days later, berltintom take this planet from him, and I can tell u that Mistkaefer didn't receive any incoming on the planet he just took. He can only see on his News menu that he has lost the planet #7 at Matar, and he doesn't know how and why.

Planets at id=73 Matar (-12/12)
11311[UFsR] pek78
21312[UFsR] pek78
31311[UFsR] pek78
41211[UFsR] pek78
51210[UFsR] pek78
61110[UFsR] pek78
710[UFsR] berlintom
880[UFsR] pek78
950[UFsR] Jarel
1060TheWeaver
1140[OFF] gandogar22
1270[OFF] gandogar22

As you can see it there, the gohst has succeded as berlintom take the planet #7 as expected.

Why gohsting , and when ?

It's not difficult. Let's take an example, to make it clear.

Planets at id=110 Vindemiator (-12/15)
130[UFsR] oups
2100[UFsR] deepthroat
350[UFsR] berlintom
470[SAB] Gogga
5110[UFsR] oups
6110[SAB] Gogga
7110[SAB] Gogga
890[UFsR] oups
900Free Planet
10110[SAB] DocOc
11120[UFsR] berlintom
12120[UFsR] berlintom

On this map, as you can see it, there is a Free Planet. Normally we just need to send ColonyShip to take this planet, but as it is a strategic game, if you have got some ennemies, it's better to take this kind of planet with ColonyShip + enough Transports (it's better to send 10TR if you are not sure), like that if someone else take this planet without your agreement, then u can take it back without warning him.

When you are gohsting, think all of the time that even a free planet can be took by ennemies, and you have to anticipate if that will happenned to be 100% sure that you will take this planet whatever happening.

But as we are fighters, then we should think about the fact that we are gohsting in the way to take back a strategic planet. There are 2 cases :

1. We don't have enought fleet to stop an attack on one of our mate
2. We don't want that our ennemies close their system

In the 1rst case, when we are sure that we cannot stop an ennemy's fleet, then the best thing to do is to gohst the planet that we will loose, in the way to take it back.

In the secound case, we are gohsting a system that is almost closed by the ennemies, like that, if we can take one planet on this system, it will be easy to fight them from a planet in the same system, than from a planet in another system, because of the Travel Time that is shorter when you are already in the same system as the ennemy.

How to make a gohst ?

It really depends on the state of the game. But, the most important thing is that when you are gohsting you have to send enough Transports (10 TR at least is good) and the number of fleet you send depends on your race. Most of the time, Speed Fighter like to gohst, as they can move very fast, nobody can catch this kind of fleet when moving. As I am talking about Speed Fighting, it's good to send not so much fleet as their fleet can be killed easily if someome makes a Gohst Trap.
But if you are sure that u have got big fleet and that a Gohst Trap cannot stop you, then it's better to send all of your fleet when gohsting.

A Gohst Trap is most of the time Ennemy's Fleet + Starbase on the planet they just take.

Don't forget that one of the most important thing is that when gohsting, you have to manage your speed - that means that you should have math lvl 12. It depends on you to decide if you want to land few hours or few days after that ennemies take the planet you gohst. Mostly, i choose that my gohsting fleet land 3/4 days after the ennemy take a planet from our mate, to be sure that there's no fleet on the planet i target. When doing a gohst, keep in your mind that they are not expecting that you take back the planet they just take. Sometimes, 7 to 10 days gohsting is really excellent when ennemies system are very far dwarf .

Another thing you should keep in mind is that, when you decide to gohst a planet, that means that you have already at least 1 free slot, or that you will have 1 free slot before your gohst land .
joker

I hope this fast tutorial could help some of you who never heard about how to gohst.

Regards,

MaLaGasy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum